Summer Solstice Sunset
Watch the Sunset from the best spot in Montréal on the Summer Solstice
We've all seen a sunset. But in this workshop you'll learn to notice entirely new things about them: the rotation of the Earth, the Sun's path in the sky, why the days are longer in the summer, and more.
And for June 21st, we're going to learn what makes the sunset on the Summer Solstice different.
This workshop takes place at the Belvédère Outremont. Never been? You've just found a hidden gem of Montréal...
- 7:30 PM: meet at Parc Beaubien
- 7:45 PM: begin walking up the mountain trail to Belvédère Outremont
- 8:15 PM: arrive at the Belvédère Outremont
- 8:20 PM: see the Sun with the telescopes (with special filter)
- 8:46 PM: the Sun sets on the horizon
- 9:23 PM: the stars begin to be visible
- 9:30 PM: descend Belvédère
What You'll Learn
- how to notice the rotation of the Earth in real-time
- why we receive more sunlight in the summer and less in the winter
- how the solstices and equinoxes work
- how sunrise and sunset time changes through the year
- why the the Sun sets in different locations through the year
- the different stages of a sunset
- how to use several free smartphone astronomy apps:
We're also going to look at the Sun with a special filter on the telescope. An incredible view.
Cancellation / Refunds
Weather Cancellation Policy
This workshop is weather dependent. 2 hours before the workshop, you'll get an email saying if we are GO or NO-GO.
- If it's raining, the event will be cancelled. You'll receive a 100% refund on your credit card.
- If it's cloudy, partly cloudy, or clear, the event goes on. Even with clouds, we'll still be learning a lot.
If you can't make it and need to cancel yourself, please tell me as soon as possible.
More than 48 hours before event: 100% refund
Between 24 and 48 hours before event: 50% refund
Less than 24 hours before event: No refund