Spot the International Space Station
A Private Tour and Team Building Activity in Montréal
Show your team how to spot the most expensive object ever built fly across the night sky
Orbiting Earth at over 27,000 km/h, the International Space Station has had humans aboard for over 20 years. Down here on Earth, we're able to see it as a bright dot moving across the night sky.
Your team will learn all about it, work together as a team to answer questions, and find out how to see on their own the next time it flies overhead.
Apps and Concepts We'll Learn
Your team will walk away confident with new knowledge about the sky:
- how to use the ISS Detector app to know where and when to spot the ISS
- learn why we are able to see the ISS as a bright, moving dot
- get familiar with compasses, directions, and space station flybys
- learn about the ISS's history
- get a vivid sense of how large the ISS actually is
- learn how to take photos of the ISS with their smartphone using the NightCap camera app
- their space and astronomy questions, answered
On arrival, members will be split into 3 teams: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Through the evening, new questions will appear from concepts they'll learn. At the end of the tour, the team with the most points will be declared winners. If you'd like, we can organize a prize for the winners 😉
The slideshow below gives you an idea of what to expect with GooseChase.
Photos with a Phone
Using the NightCap smartphone app, I will demonstrate how I take photos of the ISS as it flies across the sky. Below is a sample of photos I've taken of it flying near Montréal landmarks:
The entire tour takes place in Jeanne-Mance Park in the Plateau as the Sun begins to set.
After introductions and setting your groups up, we'll be walking around to different areas of the park.
Cost and Payment
For groups of 14 people or less:
For groups of 14 people or more:
- $500 + $32 for each additional person
- $250 non-refundable deposit taken at booking
- remaining amount charged at end of tour
- payment via cheque, e-transfer, or credit card
All prices in CAD, not including GST+QST.
If cost is a concern for your group, get in contact using the form below and we'll work something out.
Weather Cancellation / Backup Plan
In the days leading up to the event, I'll give weather reports for our planned event.
The event will only be cancelled if it's raining or snowing. If it's cloudy, it's not the most ideal conditions, but your team will still learn a lot and have a great time.
If we need to cancel the event, we have several backup options:
- do an on-site event at your office for a presentation about astronomy apps
- reschedule for another day
If we need do an on-site event, I will reduce the charge per attendee to $15 each.
This tour takes place in Park Jeanne-Mance. The park has paved paths through much of the park and is wheelchair friendly.
On some parts of the tour, we will go to grassy areas. If there are issues with this, the tour can easily be adapted to avoid this.
Fill out the form below and let's reserve a spot for you and your team!