Sunset and Navigation
A Private Tour and Team Building Activity in Montréal
Show your team the best sunset spot in Montréal
Along the way, they'll work together in groups to answer questions about Earth's rotation, sunset time, direction, and more. They'll walk away knowing how to use some astronomy apps and learn to appreciate a sunset in a whole new way.
Apps and Concepts We'll Learn
Your team will walk away confident with new knowledge about the sky:
- how to use Star Walk 2 astronomy app to find objects in the night sky
- how to witness the rotation of Earth in real-time
- why the length of the day changes through the year
- why the Sunset position changes through the year
- become more familiar with "Montréal North"
- learn about Montreal's best sunset spot
- their space and astronomy questions, answered
On arrival, members will be split into 3 teams: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Through the evening, new questions will appear from concepts they'll learn. At the end of the tour, the team with the most points will be declared winners. If you'd like, we can organize a prize for the winners 😉
The slideshow below gives you an idea of what to expect with GooseChase.
Cost and Payment
For groups of 14 people or less:
For groups of 14 people or more:
- $500 + $32 for each additional person
- $250 non-refundable deposit taken at booking
- remaining amount charged at end of tour
- payment via cheque, e-transfer, or credit card
All prices in CAD, not including GST+QST.
If cost is a concern for your group, get in contact using the form below and we'll work something out.
Weather Cancellation / Backup Plan
In the days leading up to the event, I'll give weather reports for our planned event.
The event will only be cancelled if it's raining or snowing. If it's cloudy, it's not the most ideal conditions, but your team will still learn a lot and have a great time.
If we need to cancel the event, we have several backup options:
- do an on-site event at your office for a presentation about astronomy apps
- reschedule for another day
If we need do an on-site event, I will reduce the charge per attendee to $15 each.
This tour involves a 20-30 minute walk up to the Belvédère Outremont. For the last 10 minutes, we walk along an inclined gravel path that some folks might find difficult.
However, we go up slowly and take breaks along the way.
Unfortunately, this path is not easily wheelchair accessible. If you have folks with those needs, I recommend taking one of my other tours which take place in Jeanne-Mance Park:
Fill out the form below and let's reserve a spot for you and your team!